Blacklist manifesto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blacklist Manifesto

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Browsers, which one?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Haxxy13
Forum dweller
Haxxy13

Browsers, which one? Empty
PostSubject: Browsers, which one?   Browsers, which one? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:21 am

This was originally going to be a post in my other thread. I think it serves its purpose as a thread all it's own better.

Browsers can be a confusing subject! I've made it easier. How smart of me! Especially because the two main OS softwares use the two worst browsers. (Google DID come out with an OS, but it's still Beta. Can't wait to see if Firefox does one!)

A guide of browsers from best to worse in my opinion. I've read a lot of articles on the subject of them so I think I'm pretty knowlegable.

There are five main ones. This isn't neccisarily the order I'd use them in either.

1. Chrome. Fastest browser out there. When it crashes, it's just one tab. Meaning you can close that one without closing the entire program. The con of Chrome is that there are no add ons.

2. Firefox. I don't use this at all, maybe once or twice in my life. From what I've heard, read, and seen, it preforms amazingly. Almost as fast as Chrome, with the nice add ons to keep you company. First to impliment tabbed browsing. Either this or Safari was first to do privacy mode.

3. Opera. I'd never even heard of this until a couple months ago. Used it once or twice. Slow to start up and annoying to play runescape on. (everytime you load it asks if you want to trust Jagex...I don't but you gotta say yes to play Wink tons of add ons and decent page load times. Chrome is to Opera what Apple is to Microsoft and iPhones are to Droid. Not much (if any) 3rd party software on all the first ones.

4. Safari. Nothing special. What you want in a web browser is either speed or add ons. Safari is mediocre at speed and has no add ons. Just don't go there. If you have a PC, download Chrome. If you have a Mac, download Firefox. Problem solved.

5. Internet Explorer. Sucks. Who wants viruses! The only time you should use it is to download another web browser Wink

Hope this helps ^_^ (watches as terrified people run to the safety of Swiftkit)

For the record, I actually would use them in this order probably. Maybe Safari before Opera
Back to top Go down
Tett151
Heim Crab
Tett151

PostSubject: Re: Browsers, which one?   Browsers, which one? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Chrome ftw Smile
Back to top Go down
Xiryith
I love iron!
Xiryith

PostSubject: Re: Browsers, which one?   Browsers, which one? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:34 pm

You forgot Konqueror XD
Back to top Go down
Brutal Effex
Typewriter
Brutal Effex

PostSubject: Re: Browsers, which one?   Browsers, which one? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:56 am

I prefer Firefox over all other browsers. Chrome is nice, but it also adds a lot of drag to your computer if your trying to do other things. Firefox, it's just clean cut performance.

Opera is semi-annoying to try to navigate.

IE just bites man wrinkle.

and Safari is just a whatever type program, nothing wrong with it, but nothing great either.

SWIFTKIT IS T3H ST00F! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browsers, which one?   Browsers, which one? Empty

Back to top Go down

Browsers, which one?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blacklist manifesto :: Runescape :: Guides-
Jump to: